WP Extended Search is lightweight search plugin for WordPress. It has smooth and simple search settings to modify default WordPress search query.
Key feature of plugin is it gives the ability to select Meta keys, tags, category and custom taxonomies so admin can choose single or multiple Meta keys and taxonomies to include in search query. For instance if admin wants to include a meta key Location which have terms like loc1, loc2, loc3 then admin can only select this meta key to include in search results and if user put loc1 in search query then the posts related to loc1 will comes up.
Install WP Extended Search from the 'Plugins' section in your dashboard (Plugins > Add New > Search for 'WP Extended Search').
Activate the plugin and navigate to (Settings > Extended Search) to choose your desired search settings.
- By default, plugin have WordPress default settings you need to change the settings according to your requirements. You can also revert the settings to default by clicking "Reset to WP default".
- Settings have OR relation with each other. For instance if user searches for "hello world" then both words or any word (You can customize this relation since version 1.1) should be present in title or content or tag or category etc whatever options are selected.
- Plugin do not affect search results in admin screens.
- Meta keys, which starts with (_) underscore, are not available to select, as these are WordPress default Meta keys which do not have humans readable values.
- Only those post type and taxonomies are available to select which have UI and public visibility.
- Search settings are global and alter every search query.